Little Cup on Battle Spot!
Go HERE to register! Registration is open!
The hype is real, Citizens. Pokemon recently announced an official Little Cup competition on Battle Spot later this month! If you listened to Episode 007 of Kanto Cast you know I'm super pumped for this. Why?
1. It's not VGC doubles.
2. It gives breeders a real chance to shine.
3. There is LITERALLY NO CHANCE of seeing a Landorus.
I've been breeding Pokemon since Generation 2 and successfully breeding Pokemon since Generation 5. Let's be serious for a minute. Before Gen 5 it was nearly impossible to know what you were doing, let alone do it effectively. I love this competition not only because I'm good at breeding and it gives me a chance to #HumbleBrag, but because it levels the playing field. It's a format no one is probably very familiar with filled with Pokemon no one ever uses competitively. And even if there were pro Little Cup players on Smogon, there's no good way to prepare for the this tournament due to different restrictions in the Battle Spot competition compared to the Smogon tier.
Have I convinced you to enter? Great. Here are the deets.
- Sign-up will run from Thursday, May 14, 2015, at 00:00 UTC through Thursday, May 21, 2015, at 23:59 UTC.
- You must use a copy of Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire to compete.
- Sign-up will be limited to the first 50,000 players who sign up, so don't wait!
- The competition will run from Friday, May 22, 2015, at 00:00 UTC through Sunday, May 24, 2015, at 23:59 UTC.
- Players who participate will receive 1,000 Poké Miles. It's not much, but then again it is basically a participation trophy... So.
- Players will be able to participate in 15 battles per day; 45 battles total over the duration of the competition. To rank, however, you must compete in at least one battle.
- Rankings results will be posted to Global Link on Friday, May 29, 2015.
- The format is Singles where you register 6 Pokemon in your Battle Box and bring 3 for each battle where all Pokemon will be set to level 5.
- There will be a 10-minute time limit for each battle with 90 seconds to select your Pokemon and 30 seconds to choose plays.
- You can't use Pokemon who do not have an evolution nor those who have evolved.
- Only Pokemon who have been found, caught, hatched from an egg or received through a Generation 6 promotion can be used. No Poké Transporter allowed here.
- You can't register two of the same Pokemon and no two Pokemon can be holding the same item(s). I'm officially calling this the "No Twins-ies Rule".
- The bans: You can't use the moves Sonic Boom or Dragon Rage nor can you use the items Eviolite or Soul Dew. Soul Dew? Really? Does this mean we can bring the Lati twins? No. No we can't. Weird restriction, Nintendo.
There you go, guys. Get at it and Little Cup it up! Let us know who you're bringing to the competition and what your level of hype is for the Little Cup Challenge in the comments!